Address: 3050 North Coolidge Ave, Elysian Valley, CA
A progressive, pocket-community 2 miles east of Silver Lake, where socially conscious hipsters and multi-generation families cohabitate and call home.
Like Little Tokyo, Chinatown, or Koreatown – this niche neighborhood has lots to offer and discover, so here’s a curated list of Best Guide’s Top 15 recommendations:
1. Spoke Bicycle Cafe – (address listed above) super happening spot. Colorful outdoor cafe with excellent ambiance and bike rentals.
2. Wax Paper – very hip, celebrated sandwich shop located inside a refurbished shipping container.
3. Frogtown Brewery – funky blacktop beer garden with daily rotation of sidewalk food trucks.
4. La Colombe – their coffee is “a thing”; artisanal, revered, and on the LA River bike path.
5. deKor – Swedish female owned, small business furniture store specializing in curated, French-chateau decor.
6. Suay Sew Shop – products are created from a combination of post-consumer waste, deadstock and domestically, organically grown fibers.
7. Just What I Kneaded – 100% vegan cafe and bakery.
8. Left Bank – fashionable boutique that buys, sells, trades vintage & used clothing & accessories.
9. Kobe Bryant Mural (pictured below) – 2827 Rosanna Street.
10. Elysian Valley Rec Center – quaint community park with playground, picnic tables, baseball field, indoor basketball court, handball courts, and more.
11. Klub Gymnastics – 40,000 square foot complex – voted best children’s gymnastics program in LA.
12. LA Compost – ‘contact free’ compost drop off, every Sunday at the Elysian Valley Community Garden.
13. Marsh Skate Park – neighborhood skate park.
14. Roam Meditation Center – local favorite, well-regarded yoga studio “marrying art with science”.
15. Salazar – highly rated, critically hyped Mexican BBQ.
How did Frogtown get its unusual name? Click here for a quick explanation.
These photos were taken February 2021. Click to enlarge.